[kictanet] Expensive Airtel?

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Fri Apr 5 15:13:21 EAT 2013

Washington

I can't help but smile at your response...

The CBK gives us comparisons on bank charges etc. A cursory look at the comparison sheet will tell you immediately that Equity Bank is one of the most expensive banks in terms of various fees and charges..Guess what? They are also the biggest in terms of client base.

As our learned friends would say - I put it to you that expensive isn't the only variable to look at on whether to stay with a service provider or to VUKA (Change Service Providers).

Is there a threshold where service stops being an issue and price reigns supreme? In my humble opinion there really isn't any tangible differentiation on service delivery from the four mobile telco service providers. What you see is what Marketers call the Network Effect - hence the ambivalence when it comes to decisions on whether to stay with one service provider or VUKA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_effect

Is there an entity out there who does this apart from the CCK?

Ali Hussein
CEO | 3mice interactive media Ltd
Principal | Telemedia Africa Ltd

+254 773/713 601113

"The future belongs to him who knows how to wait." - Russian Proverb

Sent from my iPad