[kictanet] Expensive Airtel?

Edith Adera eadera at idrc.ca
Fri Apr 5 13:29:36 EAT 2013

Listers,

It has taken me months wondering if it's real or imaginary that Airtel has become very expensive! Whether it's for calls or Internet (spectacularly expensive especially for this service). It dawned on me as I was writing this message that indeed I've not seen their aggressive adverts on favourable tarrifs etc for a while now (nor from other providers as it was a while back). Has the telecom market ceased to be competitive given our peculiar Kenyan behaviour ("sticky" consumers who do not respond to number portability, poor quality of service, high price of service etc etc).

Am I alone?

Wondering Edith