[kictanet] Queries to Engineer Kidenda (Midnight today is cut off)

Solomon Mbũrũ Kamau solo.mburu at gmail.com
Fri May 18 13:05:56 EAT 2012

Listers,

This is an important step in making our roads, safe.

My questions are as follows:

   1. How are these roads categorized, in terms those managed by the local
   authorities, central government and, if possible, those ones that are
   internationally managed?
   2. Why does the government ever award road contracts to companies that
   do not do their works professionally?
   3. There is a contractor on who was awarded a contract to rehabilitate
   Nairobi-Naivasha  Road ( between the former Museum Hill roundabout and
   Rironi)  and they've dug a whole stretch of the road, about a kilometer and
   a half. There are dug up patches everywhere that drivers have to be extra
   cautious. Is there anything the Authority (assuming the said section is
   under Eng. Kidenda's Authority) can do to makes sure their are mechanisms
   in place for the contractor to does not put the lives of rod users at risk?

Regards,

Solomon