[kictanet] Queries to Engineer Kidenda (Midnight today is cut off)

James Mbugua jgmbugua at gmail.com
Fri May 18 13:20:47 EAT 2012

Solomon

The said road, Waiyaki Way, either falls under the Kenya Urban Roads
Authority or Kenha.

The said contractor is one SS Mehta who without fear or favour I can
call an unreformed cowboy contractor of the KANU era and whose CV
reads like all the don'ts of a contractor's code of ethics, if one
exists.

The roads budget in this country has gotten so big(last year it was
Sh80billion and this year it is proposed at Sh95billion) that
contractors to be given jobs have ran out leading to the
rehabilitation of the likes of Mehta and Kudan Singh (another cowboy
who was recently kicked out of the Gikambura-Mutarakwa road he had
been building since 2007 and has now clinched another contract for the
Voi-Wundanyi road - where if form holds true, he is about to leave a
lot of grief).

Franklin Bett recently published contractors manuals on how the
government will expect road repairs to be conducted. A copy has not
been given to SS Mehta it seems.

Mbuguss