[kictanet] Companies registry website cost 62 million, cant even search….

Paul Kukubo pkukubo at ict.go.ke
Mon May 14 14:04:09 EAT 2012

James.

We have a corporate communication team. Thanks.

The challenge is not communication. The challenge is that in a twitter and
Facebook world heresay Is very powerful. One thing I note is that the story
originators never publish the clarifications they seek.

The role of any CEO is to be accountable.  The issues are important and
taking a beating Is not a problem. If we have to get praise sometimes, we
must accept criticism as well.

Social Networks are powerful and they cannot be dealt with by simple
corporate glossing over. People can make any sorts of comments. You can
either ignore it all. Or choose to engage. We choose to engage.

Lack of fact based reporting in blogging and social networking can
undermine good goverance. Bloggers can create fear on the basis that it
turns drives accountability. Some of them use it as a commercial tool to
drive traffic to blogs that make money through advertising. No problem with
that. Very exciting and the burden of proof is on the accused.

Another model is you pose questions on a matter after digging through facts
and ask for a response and have a debate with the view to inform. Very
boring.

On Monday, May 14, 2012, James Mbugua wrote:

> Paul
>
> Thanks for the response. however, it does seem to me then that you
> need to hire a corporate communications person because the message
> seems not to be coming out especially to as crucial a public as this
> ICT list.
>
> Secondly, you are taking a beating from bloggers who you also need to
> have a strategy to deal with.
>
> Essentially, it comes down to communication because a lot of these
> things come out if media people feel they are not getting proper
> information.
>
> Grievances should be dealt with promptly and satisfactorily.
>
> Consider getting yourself a Comms person.
>

> On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 8:27 AM, Paul Kukubo <pkukubo at ict.go.ke> wrote:
> > Listers
> >
> > Please visit the Kenya ICT Board website and the World Bank's website
> > detailing the projects under procurement to get a better understanding.
> We
> > promote this heavily via social networks to get those who are not on this
> > list to be aware.
> >

> http://www.devex.com/en/projects/transparency-communications-infrastructure-project-ktcip-in-kenya-supply-installation-commissioning-of-transactional-business-e-registration
> . The
> > details of the recently tendered ebusiness transactions project.
> >
> > Also the details of the above project for
> > the
> http://www.devex.com/en/projects/kenya-transparency-and-communications-infrastructure-project-ktcip-supply-and-installation-of-equipment-data-capture-and-digitizing-of-files-at-the-c
> >
> > Once this has been reviewed you have a stronger basis for dialogue.
> >
> > Paul Kukubo
> > CEO
> > Kenya ICT Board
> >

> > On Friday, May 11, 2012, S.M. Muraya wrote:
> >>
> >> How would under the surface obstruction of transparency promoting IT
> >> projects be proven?
> >>
> >> Serious question (to which there should be real answers)...
> >>
> >> How would we know which public officers cooperated in the project, and
> >> which ones opposed it by not cooperating?

> have
> surface

> http://www.wanjiku.co.ke/2012/05/companies-registry-website-cost-62-million-cant-even-search/

> http://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/otieno.barrack%40gmail.com

> platform
> ICT
> development.

> bandwidth,
> privacy, do

> http://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/jgmbugua%40gmail.com
> >
> > The Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet) is a multi-stakeholder platform
> for
> > people and institutions interested and involved in ICT policy and
> > regulation. The network aims to act as a catalyst for reform in the ICT
> > sector in support of the national aim of ICT enabled growth and
> [...]

Chief Executive Officer, Kenya ICT Board
PO Box 27150 - 00100
Nairobi, Kenya

12th Floor, Teleposta Towers Koinange Street

Tel +254 20 2089061, +254 20 2211960
Fax: +254 20 2211962
website: www.ict.go.ke
local content project: www.tandaa.co.ke, www.facebook.com/tandaakenya
twitter:@tandaaKENYA
BPO Project: www. doitinkenya.co.ke
Digital Villages Project: www.pasha.co.ke

personal contacts
_______________

Cell: + 254 717 180001

skype: kukubopaul
googletalk: pkukubo
personal blog: www.paulkukubo.co.ke
personal twitter: @pkukubo

Vision: Kenya becomes a top ten global ICT hub

Mission: To champion and actively enable Kenya to adopt and exploit ICT,
through promotion of partnerships, investments and infrastructure growth
for socio economic enrichment