[kictanet] Media Misleading Citizens?

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 19:31:39 EAT 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 19:14, McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/21/12, Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Barrack,
> >
> > IMHO, the perception does not really matter. You are not trying to
> suggest
> > that the reporter should have coated the bitter reality with a bit of
> sugar
> > to make it palatable. Forget what people's perception & reaction would
> be.
> > Look at whether it is legal, and most importantly if it makes sense.
>
> But what if it is illegal, does it still make sense then?

Well, you challenge it in court. The thing is, there is no easy way for a
particular individual to go and challenge this if they don't have proof of
what is being done and how it affects them directly. However, I suppose by
the time you have all the clues that it affects you directly, assuming thy
have come after you, the evidence itself would have put you on the wrong
side of everything:)

> > should believe that any Kenyan is free to challenge the process in court
> if
> > they feel it violates their privacy as would have been defined in the
> > statutes. If they feel Twitter and FaceBook is their way of redress, let
> it
> > be:-)
> > The objective is more important, if you ask me. It's simple. If anyone
> > plays against the norms/rules, there must be a way of finding them and
> > dealing with them. You see, Police gun down armed thugs every other day,
> > which I believe is worse, but that's the surest way of handling the
> > scenario. So is sniffing the surest way of apprehending cyber offenders.
> > CIA does it, FBI does it, Kenya Police must do it. Because there isn't
> > another way.
>
> examining logs is one other way

Examining logs - I don't know what their equipment is capable of, but the
last time I checked, logs did not contain the content, like email content.
They'd provides clues though.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,