[kictanet] 4 CEOS in 5 years? Something doesn't seem right at KENIC

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 22:30:04 EAT 2012

@Brian et al,

Wait a minute. From the minutes of the last Board Meeting, Alice was
amongst those "absent with apologies", so obviously she was NOT the chair
of this meeting, right?
*I have a feeling something is quite a miss with the minutes as posted and
would like to take the earliest opportunity to apologise to Alice for this
misrepresentation I have made.*

Another glaring thing I have noted from the minutes is the Board Membership
as constituted. CCK has such a significant number of membership in the
KENIC Board. Now, seeing as things are going, I'd like to imagine that
KENIC operates in the same space as the ISPs - or almost. With the recently
introduced Kenya Communications Bill 2009, I suppose KENIC is supposed to
be licensed just like the ISPs, and by this, it calls for all those in the
KENIC board who are associated with CCK to step aside, right? Their
continued presence in the KENIC Board seems like an illegality.

Last but not least, what does the KENIC constitution say as regards the
tenure of the Board Members? Can they sit there forever or is there a time
limit?

Good night, members. I must sit to enjoy my kumi-kumi now.