[kictanet] Status of IPv6 deployment in Kenya

John Gitau jgitau at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 20:17:15 EAT 2012

This has not and probably never will be a technical issue. I figured a way
to get this to work. Wait for an 'emergency' consult for all the businesses
that are note readying themselves for IPv6. make money.
My take on this would be:

- The same way we are promoting .KE domains, each and every business heck
throw in all clueful individuals should be handed an AS and a block of IPv6
by their favorite LIR.
- This will at least have some run on IPv6 internally.
- Each of these businesses should force their service provider to route
those IPv6 addresses. Everything including DNS should be handled by teh SP.
-If you have a site, insist it also be reachable via IPv6 as a customer.
Service providers will take notice.
-rework all your requirement documents to have IPv6.

as a technical guy; train on DNS alongside IPv6.

Gitau