[kictanet] ISP Mayhem

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 15 12:30:14 EAT 2012

Edwin,

As I asked how much extra are you willing to pay for redundancy?  You where laughing all the way to the bank from the large profits you where making by having cheap connectivity now its time to pay the price.  If you where on a life support system would you want it connected directly to the KPLC supply for a price X or to a N+2 supply for a price of 1.2of X?

We need to learn how to concentrate on how strengths and outsource your non-core activities, your business is largely dependent on Internet connectivity then make sure that you hand over the responsibility for someone who can deliver 99.9% uptime.

140Friday kept saying how we need to give local businesses large projects yet this outages have literally separated the "boys from the men", the price game has and will never be sustainable.

If I was you I would cancel the contract with your current provider and move to someone who understands and appreciates your needs and also has the muscle to deliver on an SLA and if they cannot they should be big enough to be sued.

Regards

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor