[kictanet] Multistakeholderism is it an oxymoron? will it survive the times?

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 16:09:26 EAT 2012

Listers,

I have been observing various initiatives that have been established under
the multistakeholder approach and i must admit that we have a problem there
are lots of murmurs suggesting flaws in communication or decision making
structures, i i have also noticed that there is a lot of emphasis on
personalities and groupings of like minded people as opposed to
institutions which appears really harmful at the beginning but is
characterised by strained relationships which stifflle synergies that can
be achieved through knowledge and information sharing based on experiences.
Could this be the very achilles heel of the multistakeholder model? What
should we do to redeem it?

Best Regards

--
Barrack O. Otieno