[kictanet] Tribute to Eng. Ochola

Matunda Nyanchama mnyanchama at aganoconsulting.com
Thu Jul 26 00:29:42 EAT 2012

Friends

This is a great loss to many, many of us that interacted with the late Tieni over a long period of time. And a great loss to the ICT sector in Kenya.

I have known this dynamic lady for many years since our days at the U of Nairobi. She was one of the few women that studied engineering when it was not fashionable for women to do so. Indeed, it was common to find one woman in a class of 30 which usually elicited various (I must add not so friendly) reactions. To survive in such environment for a women meant being tough, fending of stereotypes from both men and women, students, faculty and staff.

I hope she kept good diaries (if not an autobiography) from which her story could  be gleaned as an inspiration to younger generations.

RIP.

Matunda Nyanchama, PhD, CISSP; mnyanchama at aganoconsulting.com
Agano Consulting Inc.;  www.aganoconsulting.com; Twitter: nmatunda;  Skype: okiambe
Be prepared for ICT security failures & know how to respond when they happen!
Call: +1-888-587-1150 or info at aganoconsulting.com
This e-mail, including attachments, may be privileged and may contain confidential or proprietary information intended only for the addressee(s). Any other distribution, copying, use, or disclosure is unauthorized and strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete the message, including any attachments, without making a copy. Thank you.