[kictanet] [ISOC_KE] How Safaricom Steals Your Internet Bundle

James Mbugua jgmbugua at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 10:37:55 EAT 2012

Listers

I asked this question at the EAIGF and PS Ndemo referred to the CCK.

Basically, the regulator has so far done nothing about data in this
country. The CCK guy there said they will act if people go to them
with complaints.

However, we told them that just like there is transparent billing with
voice, so should it be with data.

It really should not be up to users to tell a regulator whose work is
to REGULATE, that data business needs quality assurance and regulatory
oversight.

I sincerely hope CCK will act. PS Ndemo told them they can even buy
those bundles themselves and see if they correspond to the terms
given.

JG