[kictanet] Why I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS MAN

John Ochoti jonsom.o at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 12:42:14 EAT 2012

@David,

What you write about the "lies" Miguna is telling is welcome. In fact,
everyone - including Miguna - is expressing their opinion. Everyone is
entitled to their opinion. However, we should all avoid unnecessary
"peelings" which end up peeling our on masks (as people who are shallow and
not worth the distorted images of our stature as seen in our private,
broken mirrors).

On a positive note, we should be glad we can openly discuss individuals
entrusted with positions of high levels of responsibility and admonish them
when we find out that their actions are based on exaggerated selfish
appetites. Please read on and be "informed" lest you be found "clueless"
when everyone in town is piling their trays with "clues".

Rgds,
John

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 11:37 AM, david matende <dmatende at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear Good people
>
> I have completed reading the first section (he calls them ''books'') of
> Miguna's book - the part about his childhood, school and university.  I am
> appalled that the man could so shamelessly write lies on himself and other
> students.
> Now, Miguna was my classmates at the University of Nairobi.We shared
> philosophy and literature classes. I totally disagree with the image he
> tries to paint of himself, but the most disgusting thing is that the man
> had the cheek to publish such despicable lies on fellow student leaders.
> True, the Sonu leadership that his team replaced was composed of
> pro-government stooges imposed by the university administration. The
> chairman was a man called Nduma Nderi,  Nderi was not popular with
> students; which meant he could not address rallies with confidence. But for
> Miguma to claim that the man would wet his pants while addressing
> Kamukunjis is simply cruel. To describe this as a bare-faced lie is to
> understate it. I attended all rallies addressed by Nderi at the Great
> Court; I never saw the man wet his pants. Nderi was appointed judge of the
> Industrial Court the other day. I am sure he has children. He must have
> accumulated respect over the years. I just wonder what this does to his
> reputation.
> Then there is Wafula Buke, who was elected as chairman  when students
> rejected Nderi.This was the election that also brought in Miguna as
> secretary for finance. According to Miguna in his book, Buke was not only
> an unkempt leader, but he also drunk a lot.Now, Buke was (and is still not)
> the best dressed man, but I have never seen him unkempt in all the years I
> have known him. Like most students of that time, he liked to wear jeans. As
> for drinking, I never saw him drunk on campus and neither did I ever met
> him in any of the drinking places frequented by students. Buke has been
> consistent as fighter for a more just society. What does Miguna aim to
> achieve by describing him thus?
> I could go on and on, but let me conclude by saying that I am not sure I
> can believe anything else this man writes in the subsequent pages. I  can
> stand for a writer who exposes corruption, but not one whose aim is to
> injure reputations so as to appear better than everybody.

 Best,

~ John Ochoti