[kictanet] Why I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS MAN

david matende dmatende at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 20 11:37:07 EAT 2012

Dear Good people

I have completed reading
the first section (he calls them ''books'') of Miguna's book - the part about
his childhood, school and university.  I am appalled that the man could so
shamelessly write lies on himself and other students.
Now, Miguna was my
classmates at the University of Nairobi.We shared philosophy and literature
classes. I totally disagree with the image he tries to paint of himself, but
the most disgusting thing is that the man had the cheek to publish such
despicable lies on fellow student leaders.
True, the Sonu
leadership that his team replaced was composed of pro-government stooges
imposed by the university administration. The chairman was a man called Nduma
Nderi,  Nderi was not popular with students; which meant he could not
address rallies with confidence. But for Miguma to claim that the man would wet
his pants while addressing Kamukunjis is simply cruel. To describe this as a
bare-faced lie is to understate it. I attended all rallies addressed by Nderi
at the Great Court; I never saw the man wet his pants. Nderi was appointed
judge of the Industrial Court the other day. I am sure he has children. He must
have accumulated respect over the years. I just wonder what this does to his
reputation.
Then there is Wafula
Buke, who was elected as chairman  when students rejected Nderi.This was
the election that also brought in Miguna as secretary for finance. According to
Miguna in his book, Buke was not only an unkempt leader, but he also drunk a
lot.Now, Buke was (and is still not) the best dressed man, but I have never
seen him unkempt in all the years I have known him. Like most students of that
time, he liked to wear jeans. As for drinking, I never saw him drunk on campus
and neither did I ever met him in any of the drinking places frequented by
students. Buke has been consistent as fighter for a more just society. What does Miguna aim to achieve by describing him thus?

I could go on and on,
but let me conclude by saying that I am not sure I can believe anything else
this man writes in the subsequent pages. I  can stand for a writer who
exposes corruption, but not one whose aim is to injure reputations so as to
appear better than everybody.