[kictanet] FW: Mobile Apps Worldwide Forecast 2011-2015

Edith Adera eadera at idrc.or.ke
Mon Feb 13 11:10:09 EAT 2012

Listers,

Given Bwana Ndemo’s interview at KISS FM this morning, this might be an interesting read as we look into the future of mobile applications in Kenya. We should have a Kenyan version of the analysis that is free!

Bwana Ndemo, maybe to beat the skeptics, we should start having these mobile applications being tested and used mashinani!...as we go the county way. For most “seeing is believing”.

If we do not have these solving rural problems and being scaled (taken up by operators like mpesa), I worry that they will be stuck in iHUB, NaiLab, iLab….and the many Hubs/Labs coming up.

Can we get the rolling out going!

Edith