[kictanet] ISOC community grants

alice at apc.org alice at apc.org
Sat Feb 11 21:21:20 EAT 2012

The Internet Society will be accepting applications for the June 2012
round of the Community Grants Programme from 1 March to 30 March 2012,
(note that applications will close at midnight pacific time).  Award
decisions will be made in mid-June.

To prepare for this application round, we will be holding two
information sessions via WebEx on 21 February at 1030 and 2000 UTC.
More information on the Q&A sessions can be found at
http://www.internetsociety.org/events/chapter-events?p=1460

If you plan to attend, please sign up for one of the two meeting times
using the doodle poll link below :
http://www.doodle.com/3tbfvagaq2piwnx8

Session notes will be made available on the Chapter Meeting webpage
for those who are unable to attend.

Programme information is available on the Internet Society website,
for your review at:
http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/grants-and-awards/grants/community-grants
(note that this information will soon be available in French and
Spanish).

Those participating in a conference call are urged to read over the
programme webpages in advance of the meeting.

**New to the programme**

In a continuous effort to improve the programme, a new intuitive
online grant application system has been implemented. As a result :

  Online applications will be easier to complete
 The entire grants process will be web-based
 A step-by-step tutorial on how to submit your application will be
available at all times.

More information will soon be available in our website.

 **Programme Updates **

The Internet Society Strategic Objectives have recently changed:
http://www.internetsociety.org/who-we-are/mission/strategic-objectives

The current, preferred Focus Areas for project applications remain:

IPv6
Local content creation (encouraging demand for and use of the Internet
for a specific community)
Encouraging the multi-stakeholder approach to technical and policy issues
Interconnection and traffic exchange

It is important to note, that the above Focus Areas may provide
direction in formulating project ideas. These are preferences only, so
other project topics will be accepted.

Any questions regarding the Community Grants Programme, please send
them to projects[at]isoc.org.

We look forward to your participation.

Ilda Simao
Grants Coordinator
Internet Society
www.InternetSociety.org

Would you like to see what your peers are doing to breaking barriers?

Watch the trailer :
http://internetsociety.org/breaking-barriers-harlem-internet-computer-access-program#overlay-context=itr