[kictanet] Fwd: FW: KENIC - on behalf of Sammy Buruchara

Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Fri Aug 10 14:54:10 EAT 2012

When anonymous messages start getting into the list, it means people are
very much tired of this KENIC debacle, but they don't want their faces and
identity revealed. I’m tempted to treat the anonymous message with the
contempt it deserves. But I will not. Who is this
msema_kweli at outlook.comand why has he opted to be a shadow? Is (s)he
fearing reprisals?

When a registrar is given the fiduciary responsibility to run a registry,
where he has personal interest, it is always that that fiduciary
responsibility will be abused. Why for example, does he want to send home
the current staff? Wanjiku put it sanctity; a registrar cannot be CEO of a
registry. Actually an independent auditor should go through the activities
of the registry for the period that Burachara has been there as a so called
"change manager" to make sure no abuse of office has taken place. That is
how serious it is.

Burachara wrote a long letter, that was relayed to the list by Washington,
in which Burachara purported to talk on behalf of the board and I quote

>  "The KeNIC board and management would like to take this early opportunity
> to refute these claims as having no basis and without factual information."

If Burachara resigned from the board, how can he purport tot talk on it’s
behalf? Has he become that powerful? What are these claims that he
says *"having
no basis and without factual information"* That board members have resigned
because of serious disagreements? What claims are not factual? One former
board member Ali Hussein wrote to this list and laid it plain and simple
that there are problems at Kenic, he said

> "For as long as we do not resolve the fundamental issues KeNIC will
> continue to languish in the doldrums.  It is incumbent upon the community
> at large to resolve these issues and put Personalities aside.  At this
> juncture I must disclose that the Board of KeNIC then did acknowledge that
> an institutional assessment needed to be done because it became clear that
> the board had become dysfunctional. I must acknowledge too that as a Board
> (at least from my opinion) we had failed the community. This report MUST be
> made public so that we can move forward. After all if we do not accept that
> we are sick how can we be cured?"

Will we sit down and continue relying on anonymous whistle blowers or will
we be counted as the generation that stood up and saved the direction of
our registry? Lets remember Edmund Burke's words “When bad men combine, the
good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice
in a contemptible struggle." or more clearly "All that is necessary for
evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

So, we are on August 10th 2012. Has anybody received a notice for the AGM
as promised?

On 26 July 2012 14:24, Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo at gmail.com> wrote:

> ** **

Mwendwa Kivuva (lordmwesh)