[kictanet] Kenic board resignation, new CEO

the truth msema_kweli at outlook.com
Fri Aug 10 09:43:04 EAT 2012

Lest we forget, there is more that is happening at the Registry of .ke that is hidden from the Internet community. As at the posting of the initial message of this thread, the chairlady was on her way out; she has already left.
Now, what will happen if all the current staff left at once? Does the kenic board understand the magnitude of the importance of .ke to the thousands of businesses in this country that rely on this critical resource? Imagine waking up and finding that nation.co.ke, safaricom.co.ke, standardmedia.co.ke, mocality.co.ke, google.co.ke, just to mention a few, are all down. There's such a probability. Rumour has it the current staff can't cope with Buruchara's style of management (or better way of changing things), and unrealistic board resolutions. So, who will be in charge of our domains? Talk of a player being a referee too.

Who owns kenic? Is it a few individuals? If I own a .ke domain, am I not a stakeholder of .ke? Food for thought