[kictanet] On Kenyan Languages

Matunda Nyanchama mnyanchama at aganoconsulting.com
Tue Nov 1 11:04:51 EAT 2011

Wananchi

The subject of language is interesting and matters of language have far-reaching implications. We should debate this on a number of aspects such as (a) expressiveness for effective communication and considering that people tend to think in their first language and translate into the language of communication; (b) the national unity question (TZ is a good example); (c) the cultural content/heritage/history/etc inherent in those language (of course granted that culture is dynamic and static cultures are prescriptions for doom); etc.

Our sister business (Nsemia Inc Publishers) has recently collaborated with a number of academic in the subject. The result is a collection of 14 academic research papers titled: Themes in Language, Education and Development in Kenya (see attached flier for details).

The book will be in circulation in Kenya in December 2011.

Matunda Nyanchama, PhD, CISSP; mnyanchama at aganoconsulting.com
Agano Consulting Inc.;  www.aganoconsulting.com; Twitter: nmatunda;  Skype: okiambe
Be prepared to face ICT Security failures & know how to respond when they happen!
Call: +1-888-587-1150 or info at aganoconsulting.com

"A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk I have a workstation…" - Anonymous
This e-mail, including attachments, may be privileged and may contain confidential or proprietary information intended only for the addressee(s). Any other distribution, copying, use, or disclosure is unauthorized and strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete the message, including any attachments, without making a copy. Thank you.