[kictanet] Storm Clouds are brewing

Lucy Kimani lkimani at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 28 15:41:14 EAT 2011

Robert,

I guess the question to be asked is what kind of redundancy the Kenyan "cloud" is being based on, the model out here is four IDCs ( for example 2 east coast/ 2 west cost) connected via MPLS and each IDC has its own redundancy.  With that kind of redundancy for a client to fail they will need to have 8 "points of failure" which is not very likely.  Now for a Swift Global to have only one  failover site in the city center in my humble opinion totally lacks imagination, and you are right does not comply with industry standards.

Just my pesa nane.

LK