[kictanet] Of Vision 2030 and Misplaced Priorities

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 6 14:41:31 EAT 2011

Hi,

Yesterday I watched a documentary titled Facebook Obsession and I liked a
statement by a former Facebook employee who said that "at Facebook you do not
say I think or I have an idea, what you do is develop a prototype and then
present that to your peers"

Such a culture explains why Facebook is as successful as it is and all we do
here is cry like suckling babies, if someone has a solution to this issue just
develop the app and present it, this theoretical approach to dealing with issues
needs to come to a sudden and abrupt end.

I feel we are producing too many theorists in our Universities and its is time
we concentrated on practical courses as is done in technical colleges otherwise
we are doomed as clerks.  Former Presidents Moi was trying to sort this issue
out with the 8-4-4 system which we keep trying to kill with no justification.

Regards
 Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor