[kictanet] [ke-internetusers] Coverage of migration licence issue by a few media houses unreasonable

bitange at jambo.co.ke bitange at jambo.co.ke
Wed Jul 27 22:40:37 EAT 2011

Macharia,
Thank you for taking time out to go through the article.  Next time I will confine myself to 700 words.  It would be nice if MOA takes my offer of a public debate to trash out some of the issues.  It will be nice for our future Media.

I think we have fundermental issues that affect a free and fair Media in our country.  We must be sensitive not only to legal requirement on objectivity but diversity of opinion.

Most articles distorted the facts.  For example, it was stated the company flouted legal requirement on shares when indeed the policy allows up to three years on this. The Ugandan and Rwanda story did not help although NMG made some apologies in tiny print somewhere far from where it was reported.

Once more I thank you for your concern.  It shows we actually have responsible journalists.

Regards

Ndemo.

Sent from my BlackBerry®