[kictanet] Open Data - Where does it sit?

Harry Delano harry at comtelsys.co.ke
Mon Jul 11 16:55:18 EAT 2011

Hello...

For beginners this effort is quite laudable.

However, it will be quite reassuring to know that this data, which will keep
growing as time goes is
ultimately under safe custody of the said host, since we do not physically
control the infrastructure.

Being a sensitive site it is, and with the high stakes attached to our
national pride,  I suggest security
be tightened a lot on it so that we do not start seeing some potshots aimed
at it, from the likes of Lulzec...

And again, it will be good to load balance the site on a number of servers,
across the internet cloud..

We can mirror locally, also.

Harry

  _____