[kictanet] Safaricom Bonga Points Merchandise

Linda Muka LMuka at Safaricom.co.ke
Tue Jan 25 11:51:05 EAT 2011

Washington, we refer to your comments on the Safaricom Bonga Points loyalty Program.  Thank you for your feedback and continued interest in the Safaricom Bonga Points loyalty program.

We would like to take this opportunity to provide some clarity on the Bonga Points Loyalty program. We at Safaricom continuously strive to ensure that the matrix is up to date through quarterly reviews. This has been a conscious decision implemented to ensure that we retain and rekindle interest and excitement in the program.

 As such, we introduced a new reward dubbed “Free Airtime” last year, which enables customers to redeem their points for various airtime rewards from as little as 100 points.

We have recently concluded and advertised the reviewed merchandise and redemption matrix for the first quarter of 2011, to include new devices and bundle rewards. We request that you dial *126*2# to get a full view of the complete list of available rewards.

To make the program more inclusive, we have also reduced the redemption threshold from 100 points to 25 points. Customers can now redeem various Minutes, SMS, MMS and Data bundles from as low as 25 Bonga points.

On your request that we include the new IDEOS phone into the matrix, we assure you that we shall take this into consideration as we make our review for the next quarter. We shall share the results of that review with the market. All this is actively done in keeping with our promise to give the best experience to our customers in all facets of our operations.

Regards,

Linda