[kictanet] Are we letting the PS get away with this too?

Brainiac arebacollins at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 11:56:56 EAT 2011

@yawe I would say i agree with you that the best way to tax a nation is at
the point of consumption, doing so makes sense to me (hence the ridiculous
suggestion i made the other day to scrap all income related taxes and just
up vat a point or two), What pains me in this instance however has more to
do with the moral authority to impose an additional tax burden. Is it any
surprise to you that what is needed to implement the constitution would be
hugely boosted by a certain 4.7Billion that might easily end up somewhere
else.

And just who are we kidding, even if safaricom paid all its income as tax,
what is twenty seven billion divided by nine hundred and ninety something
billion times a hundred? less than 3% of our budget. I think as taxpayers we
deserve a break, at least give us a reason to give cheerflully .. (for God
loves a cheerful giver).

--
*“The twentieth century has been characterized by three developments of
great political importance: the growth of democracy, the growth of

~  Alex Carey ~

Tel No: 0x2af23696