[kictanet] ICT incubator - Expressions of interest

Pius Walela PWalela at strathmore.edu
Wed Feb 9 17:20:15 EAT 2011

Strathmore University has in place  an ICT  incubation  program  called Strathmore Innovation Technology Transfer Program(SITT).SITT is an initiative within the Faculty of Information Technology (FIT) at Strathmore University focused on commercializing technologies from ICT laboratories in Kenyan universities and research institutions for high-tech economic development. The main goal of the program is to develop ICT innovations and to help with the commercialization of those innovations by introducing entrepreneurial skills to high-tech research efforts in line  with  the Vision  2030 of  ensuring development and  supporting entrepreneurship. Through this process the technologies and products will be transferred from the laboratory to the marketplace. The program is currently nurturing and mentoring  innovators  among them  a Nairobi-based mobile startup Xrystalgenius which  won the Base of the Pyramid award at the 2010 Mobile Monday Peer Awards that took place in Helsinki, Finland. SITT  has  so  far realized the  following :

Preview :      http://www.monitor.co.ug/Business/Technology/-/688612/1020076/-/a0tadgz/-/index.html.
                   http://www.nation.co.ke/News/Girls%20who%20created%20social%20network%20for%20farmers%20/-/1056/1085706/-/6c0qcjz/-/index.html
                   www.strathmore.edu/fit<http://www.strathmore.edu/fit>
Kind regards
Pius  W  Walela, Research Programs Coordinator ,/Strathmore Innovations & Technology Transfer Centre,
Strathmore University  www.strathmore.edu
Ole Sangale, 59857 - 00200 Nairobi, Kenya
' + 254-020-600615 7 +254-020-6007498 *  pwalela at strathmore.edu<mailto:pwalela at strathmore.edu> þ http://www.strathmore.edu/fit/sitt-program