[kictanet] ICT incubator - Expressions of interest

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 7 14:56:14 EAT 2011

McTim,

You should have raised that issue over 4 months ago when the Kenya ICT Board
invited interested parties to send a proposal for the development of ICT
incubators.

Just like with chicken egg incubators you cannot have too many, every year our
institutions of higher learning pour out thousands of graduates who need
somewhere to develop their skills.  An incubator only hatches the chicks after
that they are supposed to take in new eggs.  If the chicks are allowed to stay
in the incubator then it purpose and objective are defeated.

As had been indicated the funding was to come from the World Bank or some other
donor.  What do you suggest that the KICT Board should do with those funds?

 Can you please also furnish us with some of the ICT incubators in Kenya and
also some information on their success cases?  I believe many of us on this list
would love to visit them to see how they are doing, its possible we
are harassing KICTB yet they have done a study and realised that we do not need
any more incubators, but at the least they should share that information and
that is what is being raised in this post.

Regards

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor