[kictanet] Vision 2030: ICT and Other Sectors Converged (Day 2)

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 15:02:48 EAT 2011

Mr. Kibati,
I base my questions on the paragraph below how will be be able to
monitor how each region is perfoming?, i think the recently launched
Open Data platform would be an ideal tool to help with this. I look
forwad to your thoughts on the same

Thank you

The Economic Pillar of Vision 2030 seeks to improve the prosperity of
all regions of the country and all Kenyans by achieving a 10% Gross
Domestic Product (GDP) growth rate by 2012. Within the Medium Term
Plan 2008-2012, six priority sectors that make up the larger part of
Kenya’s GDP (57%) and provide for nearly half of the country’s total
formal employment were targeted.

--
Barrack O. Otieno
+254721325277