[kictanet] Identity.go.ke not working August 22, 2011

bitange at jambo.co.ke bitange at jambo.co.ke
Mon Aug 22 18:43:14 EAT 2011

Muraya,
Thanks.  If I can summarize your write up, I will say we need standards, ethics and a sense of responsibility.  Our people run out of steam as soon as they get the contract.

We have a bad procurement law.  If it had a little tinge of social responsibility, we can have Nairobits or DDD updating our websites.  This morning at 6.45 am I was visting DDD to see what they are doing and what help they need.  In spite of what they have done reharbilitating poor kids from the slums, they are expected to compete with established firms for as small jobs as updating websites.  Help me change the procurement law.

Whilst we know some tech savy kids have no degrees, we seek for graduates to do small IT.  This is why we cannot have IT hold on to their jobs as boredom and poor salaries keep them looking for greener pastures.

Ndemo.

Sent from my BlackBerry®