[kictanet] {Disarmed} Re: Online Interview with PS Ndemo: Day 1 of 5 ICT in Education

bitange at jambo.co.ke bitange at jambo.co.ke
Wed Aug 3 12:44:10 EAT 2011

Barrack,
Yes. We must start building a new private sector.  We must move from the
current crop with very many seeking to self actualize when most of Kenya
is is seeking to climb Maslaw's hierachy if needs.  We mix potatoes and
anions when trying to deal with education in this country.  Expanding
education to schools should be discussed at I-hub like places where you
get fresh ideas.  I know this is controversial but this what must be done
to see change.

Once we sought that out, you will see greater activities especially on
e-commerce.  My foreign policy will simply focus on Africa to create
greater opportunities for utlizing our only resource - human capital in
createing a level playing field.  This is because 5% increase in intro
Africa trade will translate to some $100 billion almost three times as
much as what we beg in form of aid. Further of the fastest growing
economies today, six are from Africa. We must exploit opportunities in
Africa by creating awareness through these technologies.  We need more
content.

Regards

Ndemo.

> Thank you Dr. Ndemo for bringing interesting facts to fore, the example
> you
> chose of the airport hit the nail on the head, Wamuyu also brings in
> interesting perspectives, Dr. Ndemo are there specific interventions
> required from the private sector and civil society to bridge the gap?,
> recently you made a call for volunteers and the response was great, it
> just
> shows that there are willing Kenyans out there but they don't know where
> start, to be specific what are some of the opportunities that the private
> sector and civil society might not be seeing and what would you expect of
> them to make this vision of ICT in education a reality?, Listers feel free
> to contribute to this discussion..
>
> On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Wamuyu Gatheru
> <wamuyu at soko-id.co.ke>wrote:
>
>> GG/Barack, thanks for the interesting and important thread. Hopefully,
>> people with vision and integrity will step out to cleanse those weekend
>> public rallies.
>>
>> This discussion shows that a lot of info/knowledge exists but is not
>> shared. So, in a sense, Kenya's lack of development and even the hunger
>> is
>> about an information/ed imbalance. I would suggest that the PS primarily
>> supports network availability in all corners of the country. I watched
>> some
>> people in Marsabit walk over 30kms to climb a tree where, when lucky,
>> catch
>> a network. With google in Kiswahili, imagine the resource these folks
>> are
>> missing and how that could translate into solving their immediate
>> problems.
>>
>> On that note, I am looking for the recipe for sorghum ugali (google
>> sites
>> focus on how healthy it is but I cant find a recipe). With the
>> uncertainty
>> on GMO maize, I am weaning myself of that good white stuff and plan on
>> eating the red. I think many perennially hungry folk would also benefit
>> from
>> such info.
>>
>> Wamuyu
>>
>> Quoting Barrack Otieno <otieno.barrack at gmail.com>:
>>
>>  Dr, Ndemo,
>>>

>>>   1. Are you satisfied with the current state of affairs with regard to
>>> ICT
>>>   in education?
>>>   2. Can you highlight some of the gains the country has attained with
>>>
>>>   regard to ICT in education, what is your vision for the education
>>> sector
>>>   going forwad?
>>>
>>> Thank you
>>> --
>>> Barrack O. Otieno
>>>
>>> +254721325277
>>> +254-20-2498789
>>> Skype: barrack.otieno
>>>

> --
> Barrack O. Otieno
> Afriregister Ltd (Kenya)
> [...]

dangerous content by Jambo MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.