[kictanet] Online Interview with PS Ndemo: Day 1 of 5 ICT in Education

Joseph McDonald mcdonaldoj at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 12:02:02 EAT 2011

Some of the problems Kenya have are created or ignored by rent seekers. e.g
Hunger is big business for some people in government because it provides
opportunity to circumvent procurement processes ,they benefit from
transportation and buying of the maize.

Maize prices is controlled by cartels in government.

The energy sector is controlled by cartels.

Some drastic, deliberate  and courageous leadership is required to achieve
the vision of people like Daktari.

The other thing is that, Daktari doesn't have to wait till he is
president,he can influence those changes now within government.