[kictanet] Who is government?

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 27 10:18:55 EAT 2011

Hi Engineer,

From your position who exactly is this animal called government, as Kariuki
Chotara once quipped "wapi huyo Karu Max anafanya watoto was university
kutupamawe, a shikwe na kufungwa jela" in the same breath from your utterances I
say "let us find this fellow called government and jail him/her/it after which
the price of imported petroleum will come down to 3/- per litre and all Kenyans
will be free".

What the late Kariuki Chotara did not understand was what is called an ideology
and him I forgive, government is an ideology not a place, person or principle.

As we implement the new constitution at 3G speed I hope those of us in the know
are aware of the impending tsunami "when you feel the earth quake look out for
the tsunami" - A Japanese plaque written over 100 years ago whose message was
ignored by the younger more technologically savvy generation.

We are about to create 42 centres of power each of which will want to add
additional levies to those currently existing ones so the 25% increase in the
cost of living in the urban areas will seem like a drop in the ocean.  Bananas
from Tanzania will pass through 3 counties each of which will want to charge a
levy so by the time the banana gets to you in Nairobi it will definitely not
cost the current 5/- worse still will be those coming from Kisii.

You and I are government so lets stop throwing stones at ourselves and use our
education to offer solutions to problems.  The government is like a knife
therefore what matters is who welds it.

Regards

PS.  The ability to shutdown social media is an essential safety device and I
strongly believe needs to be put in place not having it is like sending our
police to apprehend armed thugs by claiming that the police might use the guns
to shoot innocent people.  I vote for an internet kill switch just like the rest
of the developed nations, do not deceive yourself that the internet has no kill
switch.
 Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor