[kictanet] Statistics on Kenya Road Accidents

Andrea Bohnstedt andrea.bohnstedt at ratio-magazine.com
Fri Apr 1 09:56:14 EAT 2011

At least, good people, the Kenya Police website isn't currently hacked into
:)

Have a lovely Friday,
Andrea

On 1 April 2011 09:38, Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 23:02, Henry Okatch <hokatch at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Its Interesting that you mentioned the dead websites.
>>
>> Still no luck with the statistics and the Police traffic dept which
>> ideally should have this info  does not have it on soft.
>>

> You want to hassle the MoT for the data, or Traffic Police HQs. In both
> cases, you are likely to encounter some very useless questions and
> time-wasting before you get the data. Better walk to the office you've opted
> for. Phone calls will not help.
>
> And just if you did not know - there are not any computers in the Police
> offices. The last time I checked, computers were prestigious additions
> gracing the furniture inside senior officers' offices - mostly for posing
> with during photo shoots. There is no active use of computers for daily work
> within the Police. I could be wrong, but trust me - I was there. Everything
> is done on paper and follows a specific channel (with no thinking involved).
> Police reforms have a long way to go. Something like Vision 3020! All you
> have to do is look at the Police website and take time to read the sketchy
> data in order to convince yourself on how far they are from the Information
> Age.
>

> --
> Best regards,
> Odhiambo WASHINGTON,
> Nairobi,KE
> +254733744121/+254722743223

Andrea Bohnstedt <http://ke.linkedin.com/in/andreabohnstedt>
Publisher
+254 720 960 322

www.ratio-magazine.com
Find/post East Africa careers<http://www.ratio-magazine.com/careers/index.php>
Find/post conferences, workshops, trainings, other business
events<http://www.ratio-magazine.com/businessevents/index.php>