[kictanet] Statistics on Kenya Road Accidents

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 09:38:25 EAT 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 23:02, Henry Okatch <hokatch at gmail.com> wrote:

> Its Interesting that you mentioned the dead websites.
>
> Still no luck with the statistics and the Police traffic dept which ideally
> should have this info  does not have it on soft.

You want to hassle the MoT for the data, or Traffic Police HQs. In both
cases, you are likely to encounter some very useless questions and
time-wasting before you get the data. Better walk to the office you've opted
for. Phone calls will not help.

And just if you did not know - there are not any computers in the Police
offices. The last time I checked, computers were prestigious additions
gracing the furniture inside senior officers' offices - mostly for posing
with during photo shoots. There is no active use of computers for daily work
within the Police. I could be wrong, but trust me - I was there. Everything
is done on paper and follows a specific channel (with no thinking involved).
Police reforms have a long way to go. Something like Vision 3020! All you
have to do is look at the Police website and take time to read the sketchy
data in order to convince yourself on how far they are from the Information
Age.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,