[kictanet] ISPs slap Ndemo-but who is to blame?

Edwin Onchari eonchari at lynxbits.com
Thu Sep 23 15:08:56 EAT 2010

With the ISPs supply chain (support, reselling, etc)  "outsourced" to
independent providers, prices will come down and yes, content will come.
Picture this:

.         Their overheads in getting connectivity to homes (some quite
"remote") will be diminished as entrepreneurs such as myself will be willing
to offer last mile services by offering connections to the flats/apts where
I stay and buy bandwidth from the cheapest provider and resell - competition
then sets in. I have to be the most affordable in my estate/village

.         I could offer virtual apartment searches at a minimal cost (this
is an underground industry by itself as we speak-apartment viewing costs 1K
a day)

.         I could offer bespoke, hosted SaaS, etc,  at affordable rates
(people can now afford to be online all the time)

.         I could supplement my income teaching class 8's, form 4's, college
students in Math, Science, etc. Schools can enhance their distance learning
offerings

.         TV stations can have their shows online ( I hate commercials and
programs that least interest me), with millions ready to watch these at
affordable rates.enormous advertising revenue for them.

.         I can make extra income by becoming a customer service agent of
company X that can ill afford to hire me full time. Giving the company's
customers 24/7 support, cheaply.

.         Order a consignment of bananas from Kisii, or Tilapia from Migingo
(the seller there is able to access a digital village and market his/her
produce, cyber rates will be less than 25 cents per minute of high speed
access)

.         I can access government services at anytime of the day

.         The list is endless

In a nutshell, innovation will kick in, content will be available and users
will be in abundance.

Edwin

Sales without Customer Service........is like stuffing money into a pocket
full of holes.
DAVID TOOMA