[kictanet] Safaricom: consecutive "short-change" on internet bundles

Brian Munyao Longwe blongwe at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 13:28:34 EAT 2010

Yesterday I loaded 500shs airtime onto my internet modem and used the
"Mobile Partner" application to order a 100Mb bundle, after not getting any
response I clicked the 100Mb button again. After no response I shut down the
application, unplugged the modem, plugged it back in and reopened the
application. I received a text confirmation that I had "Limited Data
Allowance 80Mb" I had urgent uploads to do so I proceeded to use this.

Today, after running out, I loaded 500sh airtime, clicked on 100mb .... same
as yesterday, nothing, clicked again, nothing; went through same procedure
and received same "Limited Data Allowance 80Mb"

I find this very strange in that these problems are happenning more than24
hours apart - and especially because I requested the 100Mb option but it
seems to have charged me for the 40Mb option (which I assume costs 250/=)

Befuddled, is there a system glitch?

Brian

--
Brian Munyao Longwe