[kictanet] Suggestions for New Ministries Structure

Eric Aligula jairah at kippra.or.ke
Thu Sep 2 12:57:16 EAT 2010

Dear All:

I stand to be corrected.

The fact that the Fourth Schedule lumps Transport & Communications together does not in any way mean that you will have a Transport & Communication Ministry.  From the policy perspective it simply means that that function will be exercised by the national government, not the sub-national one.  How it is put together should be a question of how effectively they are aligned.

My two cents.

Kind regards

Eric Aligula Magolo, PhD

Programmes Coordinator & Ag. Head, Infrastructure and Economic Services Division

Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis (KIPPRA)

P.O. Box 56445, 00200 Nairobi, Kenya
Telephone:       +254-20-2719933/4
Fax:                +254-20-2719951
E-mail:            jairah at kippra.or.ke <mailto:jairah at kippra.or.ke>

Proudly Kenyan

“In the long history of the world, only a few generations have been granted the role of defending freedom in its hour of maximum danger. I do not shrink from this responsibility……….I welcome it.”

John F. Kennedy

“To allow other people’s assessment of you to determine your own self-assessment is a very big mistake”

Columbia University President Lee Bollinger

"Far better to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory, nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

"Ex Africa semper aliquid novi"