[kictanet] Suggestions for New Ministries Structure

Brian Munyao Longwe blongwe at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 11:41:38 EAT 2010

Despite the central government ministry structure, isn't it true that at the
county level there will another layer of policy-setting, whereby a
particular county can prioritise a particular issue and allocate
resources/incentives towards it e.g. tertiary education, electronics
assembly, BPO/ITES etc in order to attract investment/commerce in that
particular area? Simlar to India?

I might be wrong but that's an opportunity that I see under the new
constitution....

This would therefore significantly minimise the amount of detail that policy
at the national level requires and thereby lessen the workload/onus of
responsibility at that level.

Just saying,

Regards,

Brian