[kictanet] ICDL - I apologise

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 2 08:35:04 EAT 2010

Hi,

The back and forth of meetings, seminars, task forces and unturned rocks is not
helping as every day that we continue to participate in talk shops Kenyans are
being fleeced by unscrupulous institutions and organisations are suffering from
low productivity.

However peculiar we might be as Kenyans lets appreciate that we do not always
have to recreate the wheel.

I again plead with PS Ndemo please unleash the whip and lets get the country
moving forward this talk shops will never shutdown they will also be a new task
force to be formed to try and test which is the ideal shape for a wheel, it is
round.

KASNEB can continue with their activities but in the mean time we need to know
if the accountant we recruit can actually tell the difference between a value
and a label in an electronic spreadsheet, in the same way that I now what he has
mastered in accounting by the CPA level we need the same kind of clarity with
his/hers IT  proficiency.

On the posting on how is KASNEB placed on the issue of ICT proficiency training
and certification I strongly believe they are adequately placed, if they can
test the abilities of an accountant which is a skill that can crush an
organisation I see no reason why we should doubt their capability in certifying
on ICT.  No company ever went burst because the secretary could not do a mail
merge.

Regards

 Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd