[kictanet] The big Kwaheri: reflecting on 10 years on the MJ 10 yr safari and his-tory - day 1

Etinick Mutinda etinick at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 11:02:52 EAT 2010

Hi Listers,

As we bid Michael Joseph farewell, I want to single out one of his
achievements in promoting digital literacy in Kenya. The "Laptop ni Lazima"
promotion by Safaricom in partnership with Equity Bank financing made it
possible for ordinary Kenyans to acquire a Internet ready laptop for as
little as $ 300. M.J as he is fondly referred to, will be remembered for his
immense contribution in shaping a digitally savvy society in Kenya.  MJ has
left an indelible mark in the lives of many Kenyans. As the Adage goes :
“Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today.  Teach a man to fish; and
you have fed him for a lifetime”—Author unknown “ MJ we are a better society
because you sowed seed that has brought forth lasting fruit. May you prosper
in all your future endeavours.

Regards,

Mr. Etinick Mutinda
International Computer Driving License (ICDL)
Regional Development
Tel: 3746174