[kictanet] The big Kwaheri: reflecting on 10 years on the MJ 10 yr safari and his-tory - day 1

Edith Adera eadera at idrc.or.ke
Tue Oct 12 10:54:52 EAT 2010

Two things I remember Michael for:

1. Taking PERSONAL interest in ensuring subscriber issues (brought to his attention) were sorted promptly. This is a point his successor, if listening, might want to keep!

2. During a recent breakfast session for a youth program supported by Safaricom, MJ said (paraphrased) "Whatever you do in life, always remember to give back to society! You are considered a real success when you give back to society"...this touched my heart to the core and I got to know a part of MJ that I did not know before! That's a great corporate culture that MJ leaves behind!

Kudos and all the best in your future endeavor!

Edith