[kictanet] KIXP connectivity

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 1 20:22:38 EAT 2010

Hi,

You have a very negative nature, why "ka wagoire na ngoi" (google wont help you
here)

We contribute to find solutions to our local problems there is a place and time
for being the devils advocate.
Loadmwesh, thanks for the confidence that I can provide direction in providing
more reliable peering for local traffic and I will work towards this McTim or
not.

In addition can Fiona tell us if the recently launched Mombasa exchange
point straddle the 3 marine cables?  On the licensing issue I believe Dr. Ndemo
has told us many times that he is willing to be of assistance is we can proof
that legislation is hindering progress.  Please forward me the CCK directive
that required us to have a content provider license so as to peer at KIXP.

On that issue does it mean that anyone who has a website is requires to get a
Content Provider licence?  That would actually be laughable, I always believed
that this license was required for short code resellers?

I still insist that the local bandwidth needs to be higher than that of the
incoming pipes as the terrestrial cable needs to carry the foreign traffic and
local traffic as well.

Regards
 Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd