[kictanet] Unity of purpose

Nnenna Nwakanma nnenna at nnenna.org
Thu Nov 25 12:02:41 EAT 2010

> Inspirational words Eric but I thought the "Africa" rep on the ICANN
> BOard is selected by the NOMCOM. The current one is our friend from
> Gambia. I would be very happy to hear that Pierre is also on the Board
> but in my mind he would first and foremost be there for the ALAC??

I have had to tell Eric off on some things at home, but this one, I
fully agree.

It is unfortunate that the DCA lady has raised a smear campaign.  I am
not sure it helps Africa in any way.  My thought is that given the
opportunities, many Africans are far better than their global
counterparts.

We are working under difficult conditions - political, infrastructural
and social.  But we still pull off great things.

The Gambian gentleman, Dr Katim Touray, who also happens to be the
FOSSFA Vice Chair attended the 3rd Conference on FOSS and the Digital
Commons in Daka (Idlelo 3) and got hooked up with Anne Rachel Inne of
ICANN.  One thing led to the other and he was elected.  So far, he has
proved his expertise and excellence.

Kenya proved this in hosting the ICANN meeting, South Africa wowed the
world this year, and Kenya will also do so with the IGF next year.

I believe in constructive criticism.  But I choose to do it at home.
It is up to us to promote our expertise. Others wont do it for Africa.

Whether Pierre Dandjinou gets finally elected or not, DCA would have
made a negative image of not only itself but also of the continent.

When an African paints another African black on the global level, the
one does not come off cleaner

Really a big pity.

Nnenna

--

Nnenna Nwakanma |  Founder and CEO, NNENNA.ORG  |  Consultants
Information | Communications |  Technology and Events  | for Development

Your multi-lingual development and event partners across Africa.