[kictanet] KCSE Performance

Akich Kwach kwach at archway-productions.com
Thu Mar 4 12:01:40 EAT 2010

Many thanks Barnabas for sharing this valuable information. Would you be having the list of top 100 candidates national and provincial categories with names of schools in which the candidates sat for their KCSE exams? If you do, kindly share it. The way the list is published in the media only gives incomplete information.

Would you imagine if they announced the names of the winners during the Olympic Games and then they only play the national anthem  without mentioning the countries they represent, (in our case the Index numbers represent schools). In the case of Olympic games, one has to go through the catalogue and find out which country is represented by such a flag; similarly, in the case of KCSE relults, those few who knows index numbers for various schools. I am of the view citizens should never be denied information they deserve.

All in all your Ministry (MoE) and the KNEC has made good progress by incorporating ICT tools while releasing results. This has greatly saved parents and candidates the costs of running to schools, (some of them miles away) for their results.

May God bless this nation to keep moving in the right direction at competitive speed.

Akich Kwach