[kictanet] KCSE Performance

Jotham Kilimo Mwale jokilimo at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 4 15:48:33 EAT 2010

Hi Akich,

I found the list you are asking for from The Standard online home page. I have attached the document.

Regards,

Jotham

 _filtered #yiv689680575 {margin:70.85pt 70.85pt 70.85pt 70.85pt;}
#yiv689680575 P.MsoNormal {
MARGIN:0in 0in 0pt;FONT-FAMILY:"serif";FONT-SIZE:12pt;}
#yiv689680575 LI.MsoNormal {
MARGIN:0in 0in 0pt;FONT-FAMILY:"serif";FONT-SIZE:12pt;}
#yiv689680575 DIV.MsoNormal {
MARGIN:0in 0in 0pt;FONT-FAMILY:"serif";FONT-SIZE:12pt;}
#yiv689680575 A:link {
COLOR:blue;TEXT-DECORATION:underline;}
#yiv689680575 SPAN.MsoHyperlink {
COLOR:blue;TEXT-DECORATION:underline;}
#yiv689680575 A:visited {
COLOR:purple;TEXT-DECORATION:underline;}
#yiv689680575 SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {
COLOR:purple;TEXT-DECORATION:underline;}
#yiv689680575 SPAN.EmailStyle17 {
FONT-FAMILY:"sans-serif";COLOR:#1f497d;}
#yiv689680575 .MsoChpDefault {
FONT-SIZE:10pt;}
#yiv689680575 DIV.Section1 {
}
#yiv689680575 OL {
MARGIN-BOTTOM:0in;}
#yiv689680575 UL {
MARGIN-BOTTOM:0in;}

Many thanks Barnabas for sharing this
valuable information. Would you be having the list of top 100 candidates
national and provincial categories with names of schools in which the
candidates sat for their KCSE exams? If you do, kindly share it. The way
the list is published in the media only gives incomplete information.

Would you imagine if they announced the
names of the winners during the Olympic Games and then they only play the
national anthem  without mentioning the countries they represent, (in
our case the Index numbers represent schools). In the case of Olympic games, one
has to go through the catalogue and find out which country is represented by
such a flag; similarly, in the case of KCSE relults, those few who knows
index numbers for various schools. I am of the view citizens should never
be denied information they deserve.

All in all your Ministry
(MoE) and the KNEC has made good progress by
incorporating ICT tools while releasing results. This has greatly
saved parents and candidates the costs of running to schools, (some of them
miles away) for their results.

May God bless this nation to keep moving
in the right direction at competitive speed.

Akich Kwach