[kictanet] The broadband mess in Kenya - and I’m so angry

emmanuel.khisa at kadet.co.ke emmanuel.khisa at kadet.co.ke
Wed Jan 27 15:51:50 EAT 2010

Listers,

Reading the article, there is a sense that one mobile service providers is operating a GSM monopolistic tyranny...So that we don't lose the bigger picture(I.e the contribution this said provider has made to the industry...read Safaricom), I guess it would help for the MoIC to organise or setup up a desk where users can report their grievances, and then the PS can take it up with the regulators...will this work,I don't know,however I believe dialogue is key,can CCK do it,I DON'T think so...who can help sort out the mess...PS Ndemo and if need be parliamentary committee on ICT...What say you Hon.Rege?I am sure the Kenyan consumer has been taken for a ride for far too long and its about time someone sorted out the issues soberly!

And by the way what does CCK do again? Do we need CCK?Can't the ministry manage the whole telecoms desk so that we have some accountability person...I think we have created structures (like CCK whose accountability is to nobody and whose role is really questionable...!

My case rested..

EK
Sent from my BlackBerry®