[kictanet] ICANN meeting and security concerns

Harry Delano harry at comtelsys.co.ke
Wed Jan 20 22:39:49 EAT 2010

Dear Stakeholders,

I think it would be good to have a co-ordinated approach in dealing with
this (probable sad) turn
of events.

Can we ask the Delegation (Delegates) who took up lobbying on our behalf to
ICANN, who I assume are
part of the planning committee for this upcoming Meeting - get back to ICANN
and convey to them our
concerns unequivocally.

...That, we have every reason to be alarmed by the mixed signals we are
receiving from their end,
and for the avoidance of doubt, we honestly now need an "official" position,
as matters stand. Is
the meeting going to happen or not..? Can they send an advance assessment
person(s), so that we can
meet these (person/s) when they come here, so that we can address or allay
their fears..? And also
take them around..?

We need to deal with this now, in a co-ordinated manner. By the way, who are
on the planning committee..?

Harry