[kictanet] Update on ICDL and foreign certifications for basiccomputer usage

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 12 09:31:03 EAT 2010

Hi,

Waudo, I agree with you about the intuitive nature of software today but we still need to give people basic training, based on your argument someone will suggest that we do not need vehicle driving licenses because cars have become intuitive.

We have raised concern about the ICDL issue, the PS has shown openness to the issue and KASNEB are willing to provide an examination therefore can those who have a curriculum please put it forward otherwise we will have no moral duty to prevent the government from implementing ICDL from becoming the official proficiency qualification.

At this rate maybe I am backing the wrong horse if those I am defending are refusing to stand and be counted.

All we are requesting is that the word "the" be changed to "a" in the Act so that other certifications can be accepted as well now and in the future.

Regards

Robert Yawe

KAY System Technologies Ltd

Phoenix House, 6th Floor