[kictanet] Kenic seems to be down

Joe Kiragu kiragu at kenic.or.ke
Wed Dec 8 10:02:53 EAT 2010

Yawe,

I Think Washington was making a general comment "Redundancy is
expensive", which is true.
He did not say that KENIC should not Implement redundancy.

Kindly be advised that KENIC has implemented redundancy;
a) .KE ROOT Server
- Primary at KENIC NOC
- Secondary at KIXP ( anycast )
  -Secondary outside that country (SA)

b) KIXP-KENIC  LINK
- Primary Point- Point Link to KIXP
- Redundant WIMAX  Link to  KIXP
- Fiber Link installation in progress courtesy of Access Kenya

c) Transit LINK
- Primary link courtesy of Swift Global - VIA -KIXP
- Back-up Link at KENIC

Regards,
Joe Kiragu
Administrative Manager
Kenya Network Information Centre (KENIC)
"Where the internet begins in Kenya"
kiragu at kenic.or.ke