[kictanet] Kenic seems to be down

Joe Kiragu kiragu at kenic.or.ke
Wed Dec 8 11:47:56 EAT 2010

Agosta,

You are right,

KENIC has gone a little further and introduced notification feature to
registrants (owner of domain) on the New registry system

Registrants and Registrants get Notices from KENIC
- Renewal Notice 60 Days to Expiry
- Renewal Notice 30 Days to Expiry
- Renewal Notice 7 Days to Expiry
- Renewal Notice 3 Days to Expiry
- Suspension on  Expiry

Registrants who registered their domains before Jan 2011  might not be
getting this notices since the Previous registry system was not
capturing registrants email addresses.
KENIC is however carrying out out domain details (whois) database
update with assistance from registrars.
Domain details update feature has been availed to registrars on their
Registry portal interface.

Anybody can track details of  their domain(s) registration from  KENIC
WHOIS Server http://whois.kenic.or.ke

Yawe,
    Your Current registrar (Orange) has not updated your details
(emails address) on the registry system, as such you did not get
notifications from KENIC.
    It is the registrars obligation to notify registrants on domain
expiry and update domain details on the .KE whois database

Regards,
Joe Kiragu
Administrative Manager
Kenya Network Information Centre (KENIC)
"Where the internet begins in Kenya"
kiragu at kenic.or.ke